MINNEAPOLIS (May 16, 2022) – The 2022 Senior Living Executive Conference (SLEC) is under way, with thousands of senior living caregivers and industry stakeholders meeting in person for the year’s most important gathering focusing on strategies and solutions to succeed in a reshaped world.
Produced by HMP Global, the Senior Living Executive Conference is the annual meeting of Argentum, the leading national association exclusively dedicated to supporting companies operating professionally managed senior living communities. The 2022 conference provides three full days of education on topics relevant to all levels of senior living professionals and all functions.
“Senior living caregivers, residents, their families, and staff have continued to persevere throughout these most challenging of times. Now, we look ahead to what needs to be done in our communities, in statehouses, and in the halls of Congress and the White House to maintain and protect the homes where millions of seniors have decided to live their later years,” said James Balda, president and chief executive officer (CEO), Argentum.
With an eye on lessons learned over the course of the COVID-19 pandemic, 2,000 senior living leaders are meeting to seek new strategies for an industry looking to build on the trusting relationships forged over decades with residents and families, while tackling the challenges of workforce shortages, inflationary pressures, and rebuilding occupancy levels.
“The full experience will allow participants to gain important insight while reconnecting with peers and rethinking how to deliver excellence in the resident experience, through safety, technology, wellness, and workforce development,” said Randy Robbin, President, HMP Education, the medical education arm of HMP Global, producer of the meeting.
As part of day one activities, Argentum will honor Hero Award Recipients for their extraordinary work over the last year in serving residents and the senior living profession. These winners are:
- Jaimie Harel, Sales Counselor, Brookdale Springs Mesa (Mesa, AZ)
- Janie Whipple, Receptionist, Academy Point at Mystic (Benchmark) (Mystic, CT)
- Johnell Washington, Concierge, Victory Center of Forest Park (Pathway to Living) (Forest Park, IL)
In addition, the Senior Living Community Leadership Award Recipient is:
- Anthony Vaughns, Executive Director, New Perspective Senior Living Waukesha (Waukesha, WI)
“These recipients define what it takes to be a hero in our communities, working day in and day out to bring excellent to their profession and real dedication to our residents and their work families,” Balda said.
Other highlights from the first day of SLEC 2022 included a two-hour Women in Leadership symposium, titled, Careers Driven of Impact: Making a Difference Together 2022.
Leaders Collette Gray, President and CEO, Integral Senior Living and Solstice Senior Living; Angela Brandt, president, Senior Care & Healthy Aging, Promedica; Sarah Hoit, chief social impact officer, BioVie Inc.; Amber Ju, CEO, Kithward; and Myra Norton, president and CEO, Arena.
Following the roundtable, Cindy Baier, president and CEO, Brookdale, discussed her new book: Heroes Work Here: An Extraordinary Story of Courage.
Continuing for 2022 is the Executive Director Leadership Institute (EDLI), a special program featuring education designed for Executive Directors, focused on enhancing leadership and skill development in operations management, human resources, sales and marketing, clinical oversight, risk management, and more. Participants will also benefit from the Exhibit Hall, expanded for 2022, delivering innovation and best-in-class approaches to services and solutions.
Educational tracks for 2022 include:
- Dining and Hospitality, with sessions highlighting issues on wellness in dining driven by global flavors, sustainability, planning processes, training, and the tools to drive in-house innovation and sustain your business model.
- Finance and Development, covering risk management, cost containment, planning for the middle market, future growth, and design strategies.
- HR and Workforce, covering work-life integration, new technologies reducing the time to hire, and other actionable tools for HR leaders.
- Operations, with sessions designed to reflect the real-world convergence of operational excellence and how it impacts occupancy.
- Sales and Marketing, with sessions on managing marketing and promotions, digital platforms, tracking to create conversions, and rebuilding occupancy through a pandemic.
- Quality and Risk Management, with sessions tackling timely clinical issues while ensuring organizations are up to speed on risk management trends.
For the full speaker lineup, agenda, continuing education information, exhibit and sponsor information, and to register, visit: seniorlivingconference.com.
ABOUT HMP GLOBAL
HMP Global is the official organizer of the Senior Living Executive Conference and is the force behind Healthcare Made Practical. The company is an omnichannel leader in healthcare events and education, with a mission to improve patient care. We produce accredited medical education events – in person and online via our VRTX virtual platform – and clinically relevant, evidence-based content for the global healthcare community across a range of therapeutic areas. Our brands include Consultant360, the year-round, award-winning platform relied upon by primary care providers and other specialists; Psych Congress, the largest independent mental health meeting in the U.S.; EMS World Expo, North America’s largest EMT and paramedic event; and the Symposium on Advanced Wound Care (SAWC), the largest wound care meeting in the world. For more information, visit hmpglobal.com.
Argentum is the leading national association exclusively dedicated to supporting companies operating professionally managed, resident-centered senior living communities and the older adults and families they serve. Since 1990, Argentum has advocated for choice, independence, dignity, and quality of life for all older adults. Argentum’s programs and initiatives are driven by its membership. For more information about joining Argentum, please visit www.argentum.org.